Friday, 31 December 2010

Ballet in boxes, in bags, on rails in fact everywhere!


I recently blogged about working with English National Ballet on The Nutcracker. There is so much to say about this Ballet company but in this post I will mostly let the pictures do the talking. I feel they show just how much work and organization goes into such a company.


The shoe room! 
Dancers will go through many, many shoes during a production. 


The fabric store.


Covered and labelled rails of costumes in storage from ENB's repertoire.


The wardrobe work room


Tutus are stored upside down in purpose made boxes to avoid drooping.


The work area as The Nutcracker was being prepared.


The purpose built sinks for washing tutus, this makes a very awkward job so much easier.

While we were preparing The Nutcracker in Kent the ITVnews filmed a short piece about ENB.


4 comments:

  1. Hi my dear-what an insight into how things are organised and produced, its a real eye opener! Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a Happy New Year too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours. That's fascinating about the tutus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful purpose built wash area! Hoe I love tutu's. I must come and interview you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mo,
    I tickled pink reading your blog, it really is fascinating stuff.
    Hope you had a great NYE & let me take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2011, may it be a year full of happiness :)
    Luv,
    Jem
    ...xXx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments and feedback if you wish. I would love to know what you think and what you would like to know about.
Mo